Strategic Plan 2015-2018
To read the full MESC Strategic Plan 2015-2018 – MESC 8102 School Strategic Plan
At Mount Eliza Secondary College a collaborative and personalised approach supports students and staff as active learners. We work to empower students to be their best by questioning their experiences, expressing themselves with confidence and participating in local, nationals and global communities. We are committed to safety and wellbeing for all young people and this is the primary focus of our care and decision making.
‘Educated for excellence’ – ‘Prepared for life’
School Values – Context and Challenges
The major focus for our work in recent years, and into the next Strategic Plan is around:
1. The enhancement of teacher capacity
2. The rigorous implementation of a culture of high expectations
3. The provision of authentic opportunities for learning in local and global contexts
4. The provision of a respectful learning environment where student voice is a key element
‘Challenge’ – ‘High expectations’ – ‘Respectful interactions’ – ‘Success’
INTENT: Mount Eliza SC strives to compete favourably with local private and government providers and to become therefore, the school of choice in the local community. In order to do this we wish to demonstrate a strong ethos of continuous improvement, particularly in relation to capacity building for every member of staff. We believe we have high potential students, and commit to ensuring that value adding is a reality for every student in the college. We also believe that education should be truly contemporary, and are prepared to make the changes necessary to ensure this is a reality, and that students leave the college well equipped in terms of the General Capabilities, and their experiences in working in their community.
RATIONALE: This is important on a number of levels:
1. In order to enable viable breadth of provision and recruitment opportunities, enrolments must grow
2. High expectations as an organisational approach require a commitment to building teacher and leadership capacity. We believe this to be the key to creating an educational program of excellence
3. The college values student agency, and values student input into the direction of learning at the college. We also believe that the opportunity to make a difference in conjunction with schooling is a key future success indicator for our students.
Building practice excellence
Curriculum planning and assessment
Empowering students and building school pride